表示时间时, in表示在一段时间里(在将来时句子中则表示在一段时间之后), on表示在具体的某一天或者某天的上下午等, at表示在某个时刻或者瞬间;
表示地点时, in表示在某个范围之内, on表示在某个平面上或与一个面相接触,at则表示在某个具体的场所或地点。如：
He was born on the night of May 10th.
I usually get up at 7：00 in the morning.
His glasses are on the desk.
My brother is at the bus stop.
He said that he would come back after 6：00.
My father is coming back from Astralia in about a month.
⑶ since与for表示时间的用法区别：“since+(具体时刻/that-从句)”表示“自从…起一直到现在”,“for +(一段时间)”表示“持续一段时间”,都常用于完成时态;如：
My father has worked in this factory since 1970.
My father has worked in this factory for over 30 years.
We write with our hands and walk with our feet.
Please speak in English.
Let’s go to the zoo by bus.
It was invented by Adison.
Tom is going to give a speech on the history of China.
They are talking about the English test.
⑹ through与across、over的用法区别： through指“穿过…(门洞/人群/树林)”; across和over可以指“跨越…(街道/河流)”,可互换,但是表示“翻过…”时只能用over. 如：
Just then a kangaroo (鼠)ran across the road.(就在那时一只袋鼠跑过路面)
There is a bridge across/over the river.(河上有座桥)
They climbed over the mountain and arrived there (他们翻过大山到达了那里)/
The visitors went through a big gate into another park.(参观者们穿过一个大门来到另一个公园)
Let me speak to you as a teacher.(我以老师的身份和你讲话。)
Let me speak to you like a teacher.(让我像一位老师一样和你讲话)
(8)in front of 与in the front of：in front of“在…的前面”, 与in the front of“在…的前部”。如：
A group of people was standing in front of the hall.
In the front of the hall stood a group of people.
Everyone went to the park except Tom.(除了Tom,大家都去了公园)(Tom没有去公园)/
Besides maths he also studied many other subjects.(除了数学之外,他还学其他许多功课)(“数学”也是他学的功课之一)
1)并列连词 的用法： 并列连词有：and, but, or, nor, so, for yet, however, as well as, both…and, not only…but also, either…or, neither…nor, still,
And： 连接单词短语句子 。如：Tom and I study in the same school.
But, or ：I have a pen but no pencil. / Would you like coffee or tea?
Nothing but除了，只有： I did nothing but watch it.
Or表示否则：如： Hurry up or you will miss the train.
for 表示后面的句子是原因。如： He is good at piano for he practices harder than others.
Not only…but also 不仅…而且。可并列主、谓、宾、表及句子。主语并列时，谓语要就近一致。如: Not only he but also I am a nurse.
As well as 以及，同样。并列单词、短语、句子。并列主语时，动词要随前面的主语变化 .如：He works as well as he can
Either…or 既…又…，或…或…，并列主、谓、宾、表及状语 ，如：Either come in or go out.
Neither…nor 既不…也不， 并列主、谓、宾、表、状语，并列主语时，谓语就近一致。如：Neither you nor he is lazy.
Both…and 和，既…也，并列主、谓、宾及表语。I can speak both English and French.
nor 也不，引导句子要倒装 。如：He can not play the piano, nor can I.
so 因此，所以，不和because连用。如：You like swimming, so do I.
1) 从属连词的用法： 从属连词有：after, when, before, as, while, since, until, till, if, unless, because, than, that, whether, so that
after 表示“时间”，在…之后。如：After I finished the school, I became a worker in the factory.
Although/though 表示让步， “尽管”。如： Although she is young, she knows a lot.
as 表示时间，“当…时”，方式“象…”，原因，“由于、因为”让步，“尽管、虽然” 。如： As it was rainy, we couldn’t go out now.
As if/as though 表方式，“似乎、好像” 。如： He told us such a story as though he had been there before.
As long as/so long as 表条件，“只要” 。如： As long as I am here, I’ll go to help you.
As soon as 表时间，“一…就…”。如： I will call you as soon as I come back.
because 表原因，“因为”。如： I have to practice more because I am not good at English.
before 表时间，“在…之前’’ 。如： You should think more before you do it.
Even if/ even though 表让步，“即使”。如： You should try again even if you failed.
Hardly…when 表时间，“(刚)一…就”。如： Hardly I entered the gate when the bell rang.
if “假如”，引导条件状语从句。如： We will stay at home if the rain doesn’t stop.
“是否”，引导宾语从句。如; I don’t know if he goes shopping.
In order that 表目的，“为了，以便”。如： We study hard in order that we can pass the exam.
No matter +疑问词 表让步，“无论，不管”。如： No matter what you do, you should try your best.
No sooner…than 表时间，“刚一…就…”。如： No sooner had I come home than it began to rain.
once 表时间，“一旦…”。如： Once you read this book, you’ll never forget it.
since 表时间，“自从…以来”.如： He has been in this city since he left school.
表原因，“既然，由于” 。如: Since the job is dangerous, let’s do it more carefully.
so far as/as far as 表条件，“就…而言，就…而论”.如：As far as I know, it is easy for you to speak in English.
So that 表目的，“以便” 。如： Speak loud so that everybody can hear clearly.
So…that 表结果“如此,以致”。如： He got up so early that he caught the early bus.
than 表示比较，“比” 。如： Things were worse than we thought.
unless 表条件，“除非，如果不” 。如： You will fail in the test unless you study hard.
Until/till 表时间，“直到…为止” 。如： I’ll wait till my mother comes back.
when 表时间，“当…时’’。如： When they got there, the train has left.
whether “是否”引导名词性从句 。如： Whether he can come to see us is unknown.
表让步，“不管/无论、是否”。如：Whether she is rich or poor, she is always happy.
while 表时间，“当…时” 。如： While he was in Beijing, he visited the Great Wall.
whenever 表时间，“无论什么时候”。如： Whenever you meet any trouble, tell me at once.
1.—-How old are you?
—-I’m fifteen. I was born ________ 1990.
A. in B. at C. on
2. I study for a test _________ working with a group.
A. in B. by C. at
3. A tsunami(海啸) happened in some southern Asian countries________ December, 2004.
A. at B. on C. in
4. Tim’s mum is worried _______ her son’s study as he plays computer games too much.
A. for B. about C. with
5. We should return the books to the library ______ time.
A. about B. on C. by
6. ________ your help, my maths has improved a lot.
A. With B. Without C. Under
7. A thief stole my wallet_______ the night of May 1st.
A. at B. in C. on
8. James is looking ________ his cat everywhere. Have you seen it ?
A. like B. at C. for
9. It’s not always necessary to look up the words ________ the dictionary while reading. Sometimes we need to guess.
A. on B. in C. at
10. Zhangjiajie is famous _______ its beautiful mountains.
A. from B. at C. for
11.Children get gifts ____ Christmas and ____ their birthdays.
A. on; on B. at; on C. in; in
12. The plane is starting___five minutes.
A. in B. at C. for
13. Lucy sits____ the third row, ____Jim's right.
A. on; on B. in; at C. in; on
14.Shanghai is___ the east of China, but Japan is ___ the east of China.
A. to; in B. in; to . C. on; to
15. 1 like rice dumplings ____ meat ____ them.
A. in; on B. with; on C. with; in
16. When you are ___ trouble please ask help ___ us.
A. in; from B. in; for C. on; from
17. He put up a map ___ the back wall because there was a hole ___ it.
A. on; on B. at; in C. on; in
18. This kind of TV is made____ China. .
A. in B. from C. at
19. There are some birds singing___ the trees.
A. in B. on C. at
20. Don't read ____ the sun. It's bad ___ your eyes.
A. in; to B. under; for C. with; to
21.Some planes are flying___ the city.
A. through B. over , C. on ,
22. A mother camel was walking ___ her son ___ the desert.
A. without; along B. with; through C. next to; pass
23. The river runs____ the city.
A. cross B. through C. over
24. My uncle lives ____ 56 Changan Street.
A.on B. of C. at
25. They are waiting ___ a bus ___ the bus stop.
A. for; in B. on; at C. for; at
26. Is there any difference ____ these two sentences?
A. for B. in C. between
27. Our headmaster showed the visitors ____ our school.
A. to B. for C. around
28. Nobody knew it ____ me.
A. except B. beside C. besides
29. Do you know any other foreign language____ English.
A. without B. beside C. besides
30. — Can you play football?
— Yes, I can, ______ I can't play it very well.
A. or B. and C. but
31. There is something wrong___my bike.
A. at B. in C. with
32. -His sudden death surprised his wife.
-It was so bad. His wife was surprised ____ his death.
A. by B. with C. at
33. Don't laugh____ him, everyone will make mistakes.
A. at B. to C. about
34. What did you have ___ breakfast?
A. at B. as C. for D. about
35. He can speak English_______ Chinese.
A. but B. also C. and
36. Physics is not so easy, _______I like it very much.
A. but B. or C. since
37. Will Tom wait for her at home ______ at the library?
A. or B. as C. so that
38. I'll give her the gift ______ Mary arrives.
A. so B. before C. as soon as
39. The woman was____ angry_____ she couldn't say anything.
A. neither…nor B. either…or C. so…that
40. I can't sleep well at night, ______I often feel sleepy in the day.
A. so B. because C. and
41. Study hard, ______ you will fall behind.
A. and B. but C. or
42. _________ John _______I are policemen.
A. Neither … nor B. Either … or C. Both … and
43. He didn't go to sleep ______he finished his homework.
A. till B. before C. until
44. Wait for me in the room _______ I come back.
A. until B. and C. so
45. Go along the road, _______ you'll find the bookstore at the end of it.
A. when B. and C. or
46. You'll be late ______ you don't get up early tomorrow morning.
A. if B. when C. before
47. The scientist knows two languages. He can speak _________ English _________ French.
A. either; or B. neither; nor C. both; and
48. His hobby is ______ reading_______ collecting stamps. It’s growing flowers.
A. either; or B. both; and C. neither; nor
49. Neither he nor I _______ from Canada. We are from Australia.
A. is B. are C. am
50. Mr Smith comes from America, and he has studied Chinese in China for 5 years. So you can talk with him ________.
A. either in English or in Chinese B. not in Chinese but in English
C. just in English, not in Chinese
答案： 1-5 ABCBB 6-10 ACCBC 11-15 BACBC 16-20 BCAAB 21-25 BBBCC
26-30 CCACC 31-35 CCACC 36-40 AACCA 41-45 CCCAB 46-50 ACCCA